Traditional Christmas Decor Home Tour #CBHomeTour

When it comes to Christmas decor I am all about tradition. Our tree looks almost identical year after year, and each year I love taking the time to hang each and every ornament, all of which have a story. I know where (or from whom) every single one came from. With 13 married Christmases, our tree of memories gets more full each year and I love it.

christmas-tree-ornament-home-tour-via-heatherinheels-com-our-first-christmas

Welcome to our Christmas home tour, part of the #CBHomeTour hosted by the amazing Christina over at The DIY Mommy. Be sure to check out all the links to the beautiful Christmas homes other talented Canadian bloggers have invited us into at the bottom:)

If you’re just joining me over here at Heather In Heels, welcome! and thank you!:) To read more about me, click >>>> here.

Welcome to our Christmas home tour!

A lot of our Christmas decor is red, but in our hot pink living room I stick to cream, gold, and of course the nice green of fresh cedar.

traditional-christmas-decor-mantle-in-hot-pink-living-room-with-gallery-wall-via-heatherinheels-com

On the mantle is some fresh cedar, some nutcrackers I sprayed gold a few years ago, some simple Ikea frames with NOEL printed out, and a tree that was one of my last Tar-jay Canada purchases…boohoo.

traditional-christmas-decor-mantle-with-gold-white-and-fresh-cedar-accents-gold-nutrcracker-via-heatherinheels-com

When it’s all lit up at night it looks so pretty, and next to impossible to get a good photo of – my apologies.

traditional-christmas-decor-mantle-with-gold-white-and-fresh-cedar-accents-white-shell-tree-via-heatherinheels-com

traditional-christmas-decor-mantle-with-gold-white-and-fresh-cedar-accents-via-heatherinheels-com-holiday-mantle

traditional-christmas-decor-mantle-with-gold-white-and-fresh-cedar-accents-via-heatherinheels-com-noel-in-gold-ikea-frames-on-mantle

traditional-christmas-decor-mantle-with-gold-white-and-fresh-cedar-accents-via-heatherinheels-com-with-gold-nutcracker

You’ll see lots of fresh cedar around the house. I love the scent and how it brings the outside in. From vases with pine cones and cedar, to cedar garland around the chandelier, to a beautiful arrangement of cedar, cotton branches, and gold branches all lit up in the bathroom, cedar is definitely my favourite go-to for traditional Christmas decor.

The main floor powder room got a little Christmas cedar with a burst of green ribbon to match the fun surprise behind the door.

bathroom-noel-door-sign-christmas-decor-home-tour-via-heatherinheels-com

black-and-white-toile-powder-room-with-black-reindeer-and-champagne-bronze-toilet-lever-via-heatherinheels-com

The reindeer is the newest addition to the Christmas decor stash. I picked it up thrifting this summer and gave it a fresh coat of black spray paint, perfect for the newly glammed up powder room.

black-and-white-toile-powder-room-with-champagne-bronze-faucet-and-black-reindeer-via-heatherinheels-com

black-and-white-toile-powder-room-with-champagne-bronze-towel-rack-and-christmas-towels-via-heatherinheels-com

black-and-white-toile-powder-room-with-christmas-lights-in-cedar-at-night-via-heatherinheels-com

black-and-white-toile-powder-room-at-night-reflected-in-mirror-via-heatherinheels-com

black-and-white-toile-powder-room-with-cedar-and-cotton-branch-with-lights-via-heatherinheels-com

Night is also my favourite for the Christmas tree. Including the view from the back porch when you’re entering the house.

porch-christmas-decor-with-lights-and-fresh-cedar-via-heatherinheels-com-with-christmas-tree-inside

porch-christmas-decor-with-lights-and-fresh-cedar-via-heatherinheels-com

In the kitchen / dining room is our beautiful tree. Always fresh and always lit. I have this weird thing that only a lit tree is fulfilling it’s “Christmas destiny”. We all have our issues….

holiday-home-tour-traditional-christmas-open-dining-room-kitchen-with-christmas-tree-via-heatherinheels-com

holiday-home-tour-traditional-christmas-tree-fiestaware-bar-stools-via-heatherinheels-com

I even rearrange the Fiestaware bar stools so the green and red are next to each other.

christmas-tree-ornament-home-tour-via-heatherinheels-com-santa

christmas-tree-ornament-home-tour-via-heatherinheels-com-toque-and-skiis

christmas-candle-tablescape-via-heatherinheels-com

vintage-skiis-and-christmas-tree-traditional-home-tour-via-heatherinheels-com

The cedar on the chandelier looks especially nice at night too. Can you tell I’m partial to Christmas decor at night? (Who isn’t really?!)

cedar-on-white-chandelier-in-dining-room-via-heatherinheels-com

holiday-home-tour-traditional-christmas-dining-room-with-tree-at-night-via-heatherinheels-com

holiday-home-tour-traditional-red-christmas-candles-at-night-with-tree-in-dining-room-via-heatherinheels-com

I particularly love how all the lights sparkle in the vintage windows turned mirrors over the buffet.

holiday-home-tour-traditional-red-christmas-via-heatherinheels-com

Santa and his snowman hold down the fort on the buffet, leaving lots of room for dishes and food when entertaining. And hanging on the mirrors above is a DIY wreath I made what seems like a million years ago when DH and I lived in a tiny 425 square foot apartment when we first got married.

holiday-home-tour-traditional-christmas-snowman-on-buffet-via-heatherinheels-com

holiday-home-tour-traditional-christmas-santa-on-buffet-via-heatherinheels-com

holiday-home-tour-traditional-christmas-buffet-with-vintage-windows-turned-into-mirrors-via-heatherinheels-com

christmas-wreath-with-cardinal-on-vintage-windows-turned-into-mirrors-via-heatherinheels-com

There’s even a little fresh cedar on the bar cart.

christmas-bar-decorations-via-heatherinheels-com

And in the kitchen, the chalkboard got a little reindeer cheer.

christmas-chalkboard-artwork-with-reindeers-and-christmas-trees-via-heatherinheels-com

The only Christmas that manages to make it’s way upstairs is this little snowman who hugs the blanket in the basket in the guest room🙂

guest-room-towels-and-blanket-with-christmas-snowman-madonna-records-framed-in-ikea-via-heatherinheels-com

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! Thank you so much for visiting and be sure to come back every day this week to check out all the beauty across Canada by clicking the links below.

2016-canadian-bloggers-christmas-home-tour-1031244

This Little Estate
Craftberry Bush
The Happy Housie
Kimpowerstyle
Elliven Studio

1. by Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc. on December 5, 2016  7:16 am Reply

I adore all of your tradition, memories are such a wonderful way to revisit with times and people. My tree is full of ornaments that have so many special moments attached to them, I would not trade those for the world. I agree, I love the look and feel of Christmas at night... so magical! Thank you for opening up your beautiful home for this awesome Canadian Christmas home tour! xoxo

• by Heather on December 5, 2016  7:38 am Reply

thank you thank you thank you Laurie:)

• by Heather on December 5, 2016  10:46 am Reply

Thanks so much Gemma:)

2. by beckipeckham on December 5, 2016  11:12 am Reply

Heather, this is stunning! I love how much each ornament means something to you, that is so special! I remember as a kid, it was such a treat to take out the decorations and have a trip down memory lane. You sort of forget what you have until you break them out again and all the memories come rushing back, it's very special. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• by Heather on December 5, 2016  11:19 am Reply

So true ! Each year Im always amazed how clear the memories are:) Wishing you guys a very special Christmas too!

3. by Lindi on December 5, 2016  11:23 am Reply

Your home looks beautiful Heather! I LOVE all of the red :) I always decorate the bathroom too, I just didn't photograph it this year!

• by Heather on December 5, 2016  11:26 am Reply

Thanks Linda!:) yup, with a bathroom as pretty as ours it was hard not to decorate and snap a few pics:)

4. by Thalita on December 5, 2016  11:33 am Reply

I love that you out have meaningful ornaments on your tree! And I'm so with you - nighttime is where it's at. All the twinkly lights are just the best!

• by Heather on December 5, 2016  2:31 pm Reply

so agree, the twinkly-er the better:) thanks so much Thalita:)

5. by Heather on December 5, 2016  1:15 pm Reply

"only a lit tree is fulfilling it's Christmas destiny." Oh Heather you crack me up! But it's true....and we have ours lit always too. It matters! You've done a beautiful job!

• by Heather on December 5, 2016  2:32 pm Reply

LOL, thanks Heather!:) so glad there's another member of the crazy club! and a Heather to boot:)!

6. by Tara on December 5, 2016  2:44 pm Reply

So lovely, Heather! I love the contrast of the decor against your colourful walls! Such a happy home!

• by Heather on December 5, 2016  4:06 pm Reply

Thanks so much Tara:) The pink and gold, along with the green is some of my favourite:)

7. by arielgarneau on December 6, 2016  8:44 am Reply

I love how you've got the Christmas flair in every room - it really makes it feel like Christmas has arrived. Great job friend :)

• by Heather on December 6, 2016  9:22 am Reply

Thank you so much!:)

8. by Christine on December 6, 2016  10:41 am Reply

Looks awesome! Love the red wall with the pops of gold decor against it! Well done!

• by Heather on December 6, 2016  12:04 pm Reply

thanks so much Christine:)

9. by Jo-Anna Rooney on December 6, 2016  4:40 pm Reply

Everything looks so beautiful Heather! So colourful, festive and cozy!

• by Heather on December 7, 2016  7:23 am Reply

Thank you so much Jo!:)

10. by dannyellenicolle on December 6, 2016  6:31 pm Reply

So Christmasy, love it, especially some of those vintage pieces like the window frames and antique skis, so pretty.

• by Heather on December 7, 2016  7:24 am Reply

Thank you! Those skis were a great find at a garage sale forever ago - only $20 bucks!

11. by Time With Thea (@TimeWithThea) on December 6, 2016  10:30 pm Reply

I really wish I lived closer so I could come over and see your home in real life. I just love your unique whimsical vibrant style in everything you do. I am like you and I love tradition. My tree also looks the same every year. My favourite decor element are your framed letters that spell the word NOEL on you mantel. It looks lovely with your gold nutcracker!

• by Heather on December 7, 2016  7:25 am Reply

You are welcome any time Thea!:)!

12. by Lincluden Cottage Life on December 7, 2016  8:10 am Reply

So pretty! I love your bright red walls and all your Christmas decor! Your home is beautiful! ;)

• by Heather on December 7, 2016  1:56 pm Reply

Thank you so much!:)

13. by Sonja on December 7, 2016  1:45 pm Reply

I want your bathroom! That hit of green on your door is unexpected and just so perfect. Such a beautiful home and especially with all the Christmas décor. I'm much like you, my Christmas doesn't make it upstairs either;)

• by Heather on December 7, 2016  1:57 pm Reply

• by Heather on December 8, 2016  7:19 am Reply

Thanks so much Jamie:)

14. by Jen @ Fresh Crush on December 8, 2016  12:03 pm Reply

I love how festive your home is! The season works perfectly with your bold wall colour! So pretty!

• by Heather on December 8, 2016  4:29 pm Reply

thanks so much Jen:)

15. by Joann @ Woman In Real Life on December 8, 2016  12:04 pm Reply

Your home is lovely and cozy Heather and all of your special touches are charming. I love seeing lights in the evening too!

• by Heather on December 8, 2016  4:30 pm Reply

thank you so much Joann:) lights at night are just the best:)

16. by Christina @ The DIY Mommy on December 8, 2016  12:21 pm Reply

Lovely, Heather! Your red wall is SO perfect at Christmas time. Love all the cozy, traditional touches.

• by Heather on December 8, 2016  4:30 pm Reply

17. by Shauna on December 8, 2016  8:15 pm Reply

The gold paired with that bright pink is beautiful! Love all of the personal touches!

• by Heather on December 9, 2016  7:12 am Reply

Thank you so much Shauna:) I love our bright pink living room:)

18. by Kim Power on December 9, 2016  12:24 am Reply

Just lovely Heather! There is nothing more cozy than tree lights at night! So festive.:)

• by Heather on December 9, 2016  7:12 am Reply

Agree completely!:) wishing you & yours a great holiday:)

19. by Krista on December 9, 2016  1:41 pm Reply

Such lovely, festive touches throughout!! I love cozy Christmas nights with the lights!

• by Heather on December 9, 2016  3:07 pm Reply

Thanks so much Krista:)

20. by Karen Marie Kedzuch on December 13, 2016  8:13 pm Reply

Heather,
    Your house evokes the story of your past holidays and the new additions bring your sweet character to the mix.
    Merry Christmas from IL USA,
    Karen Marie

• by Heather on December 14, 2016  7:57 am Reply

Thank you so much Karen!:) Merry Christmas to you:)

21. Pingback : Heather In Heels » Taking Life One Fabulous Step at a TimeIf wishes were horses, I'd redecorate ~ Heather In Heels