Fall Home Tour & Harvest Decorating #CBHomeTour

Here’s the thing about blogging, it’s addictive. And so is styling up pretty little areas of the house. Over the years my fall decorating has definitely increased and this year is no exception! It’s definitely my most decorated fall so far.

(For a trip down memory lane, check out my fall decorating evolution from three years ago, two years ago, and last year.)

Which is why I am so excited to join in with dozens of other Canadian bloggers from coast to coast on a Fall Home Tour showing off our prettiest, pumpkin-iest places and rooms. Oh yeah! I’m taking part in the Canadian Bloggers Home Tour this week! Each day, a new group of Canadian bloggers will be sharing their Fall decor. Visit each home tour by following the links on the days at the bottom of this post.

If you’re new to Heather In Heels, thanks so much for stopping by:) I’m Heather and I hope to inspire you to pick up a paint brush, power tool, or glue gun and make your home your own. From a hot pink living room, to a bold navy master, I’m busy making our century house a unique home. Be sure to follow along on Facebook too!

Let’s get to the Fall Home Tour! Here’s what I got up to. What y’all think? Be sure to comment here or over on Facebook to let me know:)

Living Room:

We all know how much I love our hot pink living room. The bold background with black framing on the fireplace and above the mantle provide a fun canvas for all decor. I love the pink with all the copper and burlap.

living-room-fall-home-tour

bird-on-mantle-pink-living

copper-pumpkin-black-carnat

hydrangea-on-fall-mantle

pink-mantle-fall

Dining Room:

As soon as the dining room buffet got transformed last year I knew I would enjoy having another ‘mantle-like’ surface to decorate. All the vintage windows turned mirrors add a nice neutral backdrop that still makes a statement.

witch-fall-decor-pumpkin

fall-flowers-buffet

beautiful-buffet

buffet-flowers-fall

easy-halloween-decor-diy

I love the witch hat! I glued some burlap ribbon to it, tied a bow, and added some carnations I spray painted black. The perfect ‘fall wreath’.

evening-buffet

The little strand of skull lights I found at the dollar store and just love! I ‘buried’ the skulls in some floral moss, which adds a nice green during the day and is a fun little light up treat in the evenings.

fall-buffet-decor

pear-and-skull

Kitchen:

These corn cobs were a last minute addition I picked up at our local veggie stand the other day. The great colour of the corn kernels, the texture of the husks, and the copper pumpkin all just make me happy. Plus, nothing says fall harvest in Ontario like corn! Sitting on the vintage ice box/fridge in our kitchen they dress up that corner of the house nicely.

the-hip-kitchen

One of my favourite lines from one of my favourite songs has been on the chalkboard for months now and it really does capture the fall harvest season as we start to gather more with friends in cozy places in front of the fire.

Be sure to check out all the beautiful things Canadian bloggers have done to their homes by clicking on the links below all this week.

2016-canadian-bloggers-fall-home-tour-cbhometour

Fresh Crush

Friday

Life is a Party
A Pretty Life
This Little Estate
Suburble

I’d love to hear what inspired your fall or harvest decor this year, let me know in the comments below or stop by Facebook.

1. by Christine (@ATChaos) on September 26, 2016  8:28 am Reply

I love the silver and copper canisters in your kitchen! Very nice!

• by Heather on September 26, 2016  8:44 am Reply

Thanks Christine! Picked those up 15 or so years ago at cute little antique place in Kensington Market in TO, a great find

2. by Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc. on September 26, 2016  8:30 am Reply

Beautiful tour Heather! I love your living room colour, all of your fall touches really pop on your gorgeous mantel! I bet this is an amazing space to cuddle with your fave person and a good glass of wine! :) That witches hat though, so cute just irresistible!

• by Heather on September 26, 2016  8:45 am Reply

thank you so much Laurie!:) it's definitely one of my fave cuddle spots (with both the furry and not so furry creatures I live with, LOL)

3. by arielgarneau on September 26, 2016  11:01 am Reply

that chalk board quote <3
    This looks great Heather! Love all the hydrangeas!

• by Heather on September 26, 2016  11:09 am Reply

thank you! hydrangea season was so short this year because of all the drought..so it's nice to extend their life a bit and bring the dried ones inside:)

4. by Heather on September 26, 2016  3:44 pm Reply

Those canisters! Love! Your style is pretty fun, thanks for the tour!

• by Heather on September 26, 2016  3:46 pm Reply

thank you! the canisters are a long time fave for sure!:)

5. by Shauna on September 26, 2016  8:39 pm Reply

Your chalkboard quote is so charming and, like most others have already said, love the canisters!

• by Heather on September 27, 2016  10:08 am Reply

Thanks so much Shauna:)

• by Heather on September 27, 2016  10:09 am Reply

love those walls:) thanks so much Christina:)

6. by Lindi on September 27, 2016  11:33 am Reply

So many beautiful bold colours for fall! Your red wall must be so fun to decorate in any season!

• by Heather on September 27, 2016  1:49 pm Reply

Thanks so much Lindi:) it definitely makes anything pop, which is such fun:)

7. by Jenn on September 27, 2016  12:46 pm Reply

Looks beautiful! Love all of the traditional fall colors!

• by Heather on September 27, 2016  1:50 pm Reply

8. by Sonja on September 27, 2016  6:12 pm Reply

I love your pink living room! It's so bold and unexpected. I painted my daughters room a bright magenta and I absolutely love it...it's the best decorated room in the house!

• by Heather on September 27, 2016  6:18 pm Reply

what a lucky kid!:) thanks so much Sonja:)

9. by Heather on September 28, 2016  11:54 am Reply

I saw your snaps about painting the pumpkins and I think they are my favourite thing! Love them!

• by Heather on September 28, 2016  1:39 pm Reply

thanks so much Heather:) they went from ugly to awesome:)

10. by Jen @ Fresh Crush on September 28, 2016  12:54 pm Reply

Love that bold red wall! Works perfect for everything you have layered into your room! Great job!

• by Heather on September 28, 2016  1:39 pm Reply

thanks so much Jen:)

11. by kim power on September 28, 2016  3:35 pm Reply

Love all the colour! That mantel is so festive and cozy, lovely tour.

• by Heather on September 28, 2016  3:36 pm Reply

12. by rusticmapleelizabeth on September 29, 2016  5:56 pm Reply

As a Canadian blogger, I always look forward to the #cbhometour. Your home looks lovely for Fall and I really like the stacked vintage windows.

• by Heather on September 30, 2016  9:46 am Reply

13. by Jo-Anna on September 30, 2016  11:30 am Reply

I still adore your hot pink feature wall!! Your home looks so cozy and inviting for fall...love it Heather!

• by Heather on September 30, 2016  1:19 pm Reply

thanks so much Jo-Anna:) I've been waiting for the day I get bored of the pink - but it's not here yet - I just love it:) thanks for stopping by:)

14. by Tara on September 30, 2016  1:11 pm Reply

That quote is perfect! "Could have been the Willie Nelson..."

Love your romantic style, Heather!

• by Heather on September 30, 2016  1:19 pm Reply

15. by Krista on October 1, 2016  11:03 am Reply

Lovely, warm fall accents and touches!! Beautiful job:)

• by Heather on October 3, 2016  3:28 pm Reply