Clean crisp white bathroom

You know the feeling you get when you climb into bed with fresh sheets? That’s the feeling I have in our bathroom ever since I re-painted it.  It’s so fresh, so clean, so crisp….so lovely! And so very bright and white.  All the things a small upstairs bathroom should be.

The bathroom was already white, but it wasn’t pretty.  When we moved in, the room had white trim and bead board and the upper walls were a pale green I can only describe as Pepto-Bismal’s ugly green cousin.  The only way my reflection didn’t look like I was close to being ill was with the lights off! So that was quickly (and hastily) remedied.

I found half a can of white kitchen/bathroom paint in the basement and painted it.  Except, it wasn’t the same white as the rest of the room…and there wasn’t enough….leaving me with streaky ceilings and mis-matched whites.  But we no longer looked ill, so it was an improvement.  A hasty improvement.

Getting ready to paint with @ParaPaints by @heathernheels

Now, with two good coats of my favourite white (Jo Jo Whitewash PF17) on every single surface the room looks SO. MUCH. BETTER.  Pictures really don’t do the transformation justice.  However, standing in the shower looking up at a perfectly white non-streaky ceiling is pretty much the best thing ever.

Clean crisp white bathroom by @heathernheels w @ParaPaints Jo Jo Whitewash

A big change was the door.  The impact the office door makes made me confident painting the bathroom door would be another great transformation.  Because the door is at the end of a long hallway it definitely needed to be brighter, so it was obvious to keep the white theme going.  What a difference it makes!  The hallway seems brighter, with the door open and closed – which wasn’t the case before.  And since I was on a roll (pun intended) I even painted the outside of the tub!

Brighten up your bathroom with a fresh coat of paint via @heathernheels @ParaPaints

Tulips in a freshly painted white bathroom by @heathernheels w @ParaPaints

p.s. painting pretty much goes hand in hand with really loud music (for me at least!). So this painting project was brought to you by this:

Disclosure: I am SUPER pumped to part of the 2015 PARA Paints #ParaBlogCrew ! What this means is I receive paint for all my projects.. this is #awesome.  I am not financially compensated for my time & all projects, ideas, and awesomeness is my own:)

1. by Jo-Anna@APrettyLife on March 3, 2015  11:09 am Reply

Looks great Heather! I love love paint transformations...they really are amazing aren't they! And that door! It's fantastic!

• by Heather on March 3, 2015  11:12 am Reply

Thanks Jo-Anna:) it's really amazing how painting the door makes such a drastic change - I love it!

2. by kitchencounterchronicles on March 3, 2015  11:16 am Reply

Love the impact of the white door...awesome. White always makes everything so clean and bright.

• by Heather on March 3, 2015  3:00 pm Reply

thanks so much! I am really loving it:)

3. by akismet-15027b89fa7e782732aa9e47d776efbe on March 5, 2015  9:56 am Reply

I love the white, in fact I'm thinking about going back to plain old white in some places at my house too. The door is a great transformation. ps. Mumford and Sons is my loud music of choice these days too. ;)

• by Heather on March 5, 2015  10:06 am Reply

Thanks! I love bright bold colours, and love the reminder that white can be bright and bold too:)

4. by Meagan on March 5, 2015  1:02 pm Reply

Heather. A girl of my own heart - white white white white home! Honestly. It makes for the best starting point. So clean and fresh and easy to touch up. Love it!

• by Heather on March 5, 2015  3:17 pm Reply

LOL, thanks! agree completely - so clean and fresh, I love it:)

5. by Sabrina @ Pink Little Notebook on March 6, 2015  10:01 am Reply

I can so relate with the green walls and the colour making you look ill when you stand in front of the mirror. I still have a few rooms like that in my house that need some TLC. I always wonder what goes through people's heads when there choosing paint colours? With that being said, you did an amazing job at fixing the situation. Clean, simple and fresh! Two thumbs up :)

• by Heather on March 6, 2015  10:10 am Reply

Thanks so much Sabrina!:)

• by Heather on March 9, 2015  3:21 pm Reply

thanks so much Heather:)

6. Pingback : Gorgeous green chair DIY with PARA Paints | Heather In Heels

7. Pingback : A bright white kitchen with @ParaPaints | Heather In Heels

8. Pingback : Heather In Heels » Taking Life One Fabulous Step at a TimeMoney Pit Adventures ~ Heather In Heels